Protect Wildlife: Respect Trail Closures
Seasonal closures give our wildlife in the area space they need during some of the hardest and most important times of the year. The Snowmass Village Animal Services Department enforces trail closures enacted to protect sensitive wildlife habitats that surround our Village. It is unlawful of any persons to use by any means the following trails during wildlife sensitive periods, as follows:
Burnt Mountain Closures:
- Anaerobic Nightmare Trail: April 25th - June 27th (opens June 28th)
- Government Trail east of Elk Camp Work Road: May 15th - June 27th
- Sequel Trail: April 25th - June 21st
- Tom Blake Trail: April 25th - June 21st
- Rim Trail North: December 1st - May 16th
- Sky Mountain Park: December 1st - May 16th
- Seven Star Trail: December 1st - May 16th
There is a zero-tolerance policy for trail closure violations and fines can reach up to $5,000. Trail closures are strictly enforced by the Town’s Animal Services Division, in partnership with Colorado Parks & Wildlife. Wildlife monitoring cameras are in use in closed areas.
Thank you for your understanding and respect for wildlife.
Map of Closed area