Protect Wildlife: Respect Trail Closures
The Snowmass Village Animal Services Department enforces trail closures enacted to protect sensitive wildlife habitats. Per Section 10-29: Seasonal Trail Closures of the TOSV Municipal Code, it is unlawful of any persons to use by any means the following trails during wildlife sensitive periods, as follows:
- Anaerobic Nightmare Trail: April 25 through June 27 (opens 28th)
- Sequel Trail: April 25 through June 20 (opens 21st)
- Tom Blake Trail: April 25 through June 20 (opens 21st)
- Government Trail east of Elk Camp Work Road: May 15 through June 27 (opens June 28th)
- Rim Trail North: December 1 through May 15 (opens May 16th)
- Seven Star Trail: December 1 through May 15 (opens May 16th)
- Upper North Mesa Equestrian Trail: December 1 through May 15th (opens May 16th)
- Viewline/Deadline: December 1 through May 15 (opens May 16th)
Review our wildlife area closures map to view these areas in our GIS portal.
Trail closures are strictly enforced by the Town’s Animal Services Division, in partnership with Colorado Parks & Wildlife. Wildlife monitoring cameras are in use in closed areas.
There is a zero tolerance policy for trail closure violations and fines can reach up to $5,000.