North Rim Trail, Seven Star, and Sky Mountain Park are closed December 1st - mid May.
South Rim Trail, on the other hand, will remain open all winter long.
Protect Wildlife: Respect Trail Closures
Seasonal closures give our wildlife in the area the space they need during some of the hardest and most important times of year. The Snowmass Village Animal Services Department enforces trail closures enacted to protect sensitive wildlife habitats that surround our Village. It is unlawful of any persons to use by any means the following trails during wildlife sensitive periods, as follows:
Winter Season Closures:
Spring Calving Season Closures:
- Rim Trail North: December 1 - May 16
- Sky Mountain Park: December 1 - May 16
- Seven Star Trail: December 1 - May 16
- Anaerobic Nightmare Trail: April 25 - June 21
- Government Trail east of Elk Camp Work Road: May 15 - June 21
- Sequel Trail: April 25 - June 21
- Tom Blake Trail: April 25 - June 21
There is a zero tolerance policy for trail closure violations and fines can reach up to $5,000.
Trail closures are strictly enforced by the Town's Animal Services Division, in partnership with Colorado Parks & Wildlife. Wildlife monitoring cameras are in use in closed areas.
Thank you for your understanding and respect of wildlife.