Residents and guests should anticipate periodic road closures during the event on Sunday, September 16th and Monday, September 17th
Snowmass Village, CO – September 10, 2018— For the second consecutive year, the sights and sounds of high-octane racing come alive on the streets of Snowmass Village with The Aspen Snowmass Vintage Car Race. In conjunction with the Snowmass Wine Festival and Motoring Classic Weekend, vintage Corvette’s, BMW’s, Porsches, Mustangs, and formula race cars from the 1960’s and 1970’s will be filling the village for this exhilarating event.
Approximately 60 to 70 drivers will compete in the exhibition, with several 20-30 minute group race sessions in a 1.3 mile loop on Upper Brush Creek Road and Carriage Way on both days. During the race heats, the road will close to general traffic. After each race, the road will open for approximately 20 minutes in a one-way configuration. The race will present some amazing spectating opportunities, and there will be plenty of designated areas to catch the action.
Sunday, Sept. 16 & Monday, Sept. 17
- 6:00 am – Snowmass Mall Bus Depot Closes. RFTA and Village Shuttle buses will be operating out of Base Village Transit Center. Transit details are available at www.snowmasstransit.com
- 6:00 am – Sky Cab Gondola (Skittles) Opens. The Sky Cab Gondola will open early for additional operations to help spectators and commuters connect from the Mall to Base Village.
- 7:00 am – Additional Park & Ride Service Begins. The Village Shuttle will be offering 10 minute park and ride shuttle service from Town Park Station.
- 7:00 am – Race Course Set Up Begins. Upper Brush Creek Road, Upper Carriage Way, and Wood Road Bridge will become one-way only.
- 9:00 am – Races Begin. Roads will be closed for 20 -30 minute race intervals. They will be opened, one-way only, for 10 – 15 minutes between races.
- 9:20 am – Upper Brush Creek Road Village Shuttle Service Begins. The Village Shuttle will begin offering special service to Creekside, the Divide, the Mall, and Stonebridge once the closures begin. Pickup and staging will be in the Snowmass Center near the Conoco gas station.
- 5:00 pm – Races Conclude and Roads Open. The final races will be concluded, and staff will begin opening roads and clearing the course.
The school bus pick up and drop off locations will remain the same. The morning school bus will run on time. The afternoon school bus may be slightly delayed in the Upper Brush Creek neighborhoods.
Additional Information Available Online:
Additional details, spectator locations, and maps are available at www.tosv.com/RMVR