Sky Mountain Park Closed
Respect Wildlife. Respect Seasonal Closures.
Local elk herds have been spotted moving into their winter ranges for the season, and the North Mesa and Sky Mountain Park areas and trails are now closed. These habitats provide critical food sources for wildlife during the most challenging times of the year, and the closures allow wildlife to negotiate winter conditions.
Winter Season Closures:
- Sky Mountain Park trails: December 1 - May 15 (opens May 16th)
- Anaerobic Nightmare Trail: April 25 through June 27 (opens 28th)
- Sequel Trail: April 25 through June 20 (opens 21st)
- Tom Blake Trail: April 25 through June 20 (opens 21st)
- Government Trail east of Elk Camp Work Road: May 15 through June 27 (opens June 28th)
- Rim Trail North: December 1 through May 15 (opens May 16th)
- Seven Star Trail: December 1 through May 15 (opens May 16th)
- Upper North Mesa Equestrian Trail: December 1 through May 15th (opens May 16th)
The south portion of the Rim Trail is open year-round. Find a complete list of seasonal closures, and other great alternatives, online by following the link below.