Tough Mudder Returns to Snowmass Village
Approximately 6,000 athletes and spectators will be in Snowmass Village this weekend for Tough Mudder Colorado. Unlike the previous two years, the obstacle course will be mostly on Snowmass Mountain. This will keep impacts to a minimum, but residents and guests should also expect minor traffic delays, limited parking, and some trail closures.
On Saturday, September 10th from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Sunday, September 11th from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., residents can expect the following:
Traffic, Roads, and Parking Impacts:
- Participants will run down Burlingame Lane, across Carriage Way, and though Village Lot 1.
- Approximately every 15 minutes, between 7:45 am and 1:30pm, flaggers will slow Carriage Way traffic to allow participants to cross the road safely.
- The Town Park parking lot will be used as paid event parking, with the exception of Recreation Center guests, who will be permitted to park for free as usual.
- Parking in the Village will be extremely limited or unavailable during the event. Please respect parking signage and utilize free public transportation provided by the Village Shuttle.
- Motorists and trail users are asked to please obey signage and chose alternative routes for recreation to ensure a safe and secure race route.
- The Village Shuttle is augmenting their regular service schedule for the event.
The following trails are part of the Tough Mudder Course and will be closed to all biking activity during the above noted times for your safety.
Dawdler Work Road
Sleigh Ride Trail