Things to Know for the Vintage Car Race
Thursday, September 14 | 9am - 5pm
Beginning at 9:00am, the sights and sounds of high-octane racing will come alive on the streets of Snowmass Village. Watch as vintage Corvette’s, BMW’s, Porsches, Mustangs, and formula race cars from the 1960’s and 1970’s, fly by during this exhilarating new event.
The best viewing opportunities will be from Town Hall, the Base Village Arrival Center, or the entrance to the Snowmass Mall.
- 6:00 am – Snowmass Mall RFTA Bus Depot Closes. RFTA and Village Shuttle buses will be operating out of Base Village Transit Center. Transit details are available at www.snowmasstransit.com
- 7:00 am – Additional Park & Ride Service Begins. The Village Shuttle will be offering 10 minute park and ride shuttle service from Town Park Station.
- 7:00 am – Race Course Set Up Begins. Upper Brush Creek Road, Upper Carriage Way, and Wood Road Bridge will become one-way only.
- 8:00 am – Sky Cab Gondola (Skittles) Opens. The Sky Cab Gondola will open early for additional operations to help spectators and commuters connect from the Mall to Base Village.
- 9:00 am – Races Begin. Roads will be closed for 20 -30 minute race intervals. They will be opened, one-way only, for 10 – 15 minutes between races.
- 9:20 am – Upper Brush Creek Road Village Shuttle Service Begins. The Village Shuttle will begin offering special service to Creekside, the Divide, the Mall, and Stonebridge once the closures begin. Pickup and staging will be in the Snowmass Center near the Conoco gas station.
- 5:00 pm – Races Conclude and Roads Open. The final races will be concluded, and staff will begin opening roads and clearing the course.
The school bus pick up and drop off locations will be unaffected by the race and remain the same. The morning school bus will run on time. The afternoon school bus may be slightly delayed in the Upper Brush Creek neighborhoods.
Additional Information Available Online:
Additional details, spectator locations, and maps are available at www.tosv.com/RMVR
We'll see you there!