Burnt Mountain Area Closure April 25th - June 21stThe annual closure of Burnt Mountain helps protect critical Elk Calving Habitat
Burnt Mountain area trails we be under a wildlife closure beginning Tuesday, April 25th and will reopen on June 21st. Upcoming and current trail closures include the following:
- Anaerobic Nightmare Trail: April 25 - June 21
- Sequel Trail: April 25 - June 21
- Tom Blake Trail: April 25 - June 21
- Government Trail east of Elk Camp Work Road: May 15 - June 21
- Rim Trail North: December 1 - May 16
- Seven Star Trail: December 1 - May 16
- Upper North Mesa Equestrian Trail: December 1 - May 16
- Sky Mountain Park: December 1 - May 16
- To view all wildlife closures and maps, visit Our Seasonal Trail Closures Page
Seasonal closures give our wildlife in the area the space they need during some of the hardest and most important times of year. The Snowmass Village Animal Services Department enforces trail closures enacted to protect sensitive wildlife habitats that surround our Village. It is unlawful of any persons to use by any means the following trails during wildlife sensitive periods, as follows:
There is a zero tolerance policy for trail closure violations and fines can reach up to $5,000. Enforcement Trail closures are strictly enforced by the Town's Animal Services Division, in partnership with Colorado Parks & Wildlife. Wildlife monitoring cameras are in use in closed areas.
Thank you for your understanding and respect of wildlife!