Tough Mudder Returns to the Village Saturday & SundayApproximately 9,000 Participants are Headed for Snowmass Village
For the fourth year, Snowmass Village will be the host for Tough Mudder - a 10+ mile obstacle course designed to maximize excitement, challenge, and variety. The course will utilize several town roadways, trails, and other areas. Here's what you can expect:
Saturday: 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. & Sunday: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Traffic, Roads, and Parking:
- Upper Brush Creek Road will be closed to general traffic. Please follow the detour around Carriage Way to access Divide Road, Creekside, Mountain View, and Brush Creek neighborhoods.
- Traffic delays are expected on Carriage way near lot 1. Please drive carefully and pay attention to course marshals and safety officials.
- Parking in the Village will be extremely limited or unavailable during the event. Please respect parking signage and utilize free public transportation provided by the Village Shuttle.
- No contestant or event parking is permitted in the upper Village. Parking for the event is available at Town Park, Two Creeks, and the Intercept Lot.
- The Snowmass Village Recreation Center will be open during the event, and parking spaces will be reserved for Rec Center guests.
The following trails are part of the Tough Mudder Course and will experience heavy race traffic during the event. Spectators are welcome, but we recommend avoiding trails on the west side of the mountain if you do not want to encounter event traffic.
- Brush Creek Trail (from Creekside to Wood Road)
- Sleigh Ride
- Mountain View Trail
- Campground Connector
- Ditch Trail
- Village Bound
In addition to normal Village Shuttle routes and schedules, Tough Mudder will provide extra shuttles for Tough Mudder participants from the Two Creeks and Town Park parking lots. Although some buses may be delayed slightly, no major transit impacts are anticipated over the weekend.Thank you for your patience, and we hope you enjoy the event and your weekend.