A division of the Community Development Department, Building ensures that all building activities in Snowmass Village are done in a safe, practical, and energy-efficient manner.
They do this by issuing building permits and providing plan checks and inspection services for:
- Heating and cooling
- Final issuance of certificates of occupancy
- Before you begin your project, visit our overview webpage on Building in Snowmass Village
- Apply for Building Permit Online: Online Permit Application
- Register your business, upload plans, apply for a permit, pay fees and check permit status online.
Standard Procedure for Verification of Electrical Licensing:
- Download a PDF version for Verification of electrical licensing requirements per Section 12-23-106 CRS Electrical Licensing (PDF)
- Inspections must be scheduled in Community Core.
- Seasonal road weight limits are in effect each year from March 15 - June 15.
- Effective August 1st, 2015 Snowmass Village will be implementing the 2015 International code updates.
Construction Times and Noise
Town Code limits construction activities on Sundays and all national holidays. Permissible construction hours in the Town of Snowmass Village include the following:
- Monday - Saturday (excluding holidays)
- 7:00am - 6:00pm
- Learn more by reading the Municipal Code